Tips and deals to help making the choice to go green today easier!
The trend towards going green is becoming less of a trend and more standard practice. You’ll find a green alternative (or greener alternative) for nearly everything – from paper to page protectors to pens. With so many options available, making a decision is often the hardest part in going green! How does one choose between 5 products that do the same thing and have a similar green look and feel?
With some qualifying questions in hand, choosing a green office product can be done quickly and easily.
Try asking yourself these questions:
- If applicable, what percentage of the product contains post-consumer recycled content?
- Does it contain harmful chemicals? (Especially for janitorial / sanitation supplies)?
- Is it certified by a recognized, third party organization?
- Can it be recycled after use or be used in different ways?
- What is the impact on the environment in producing this product?
- Is this a high-quality product that meets my needs?
While every question may not apply to every product, these suggestions are a helpful starting point in making (eco)conscious decisions to go green in the office. This month, we kept these questions in mind when choosing our Feature Products to ensure we selected products that are “exceptionally green“. Each Feature Product is a little different, but for us, “exceptionally green” considers the following:
- Made from a minimum of 50% post-consumer recycled content (or tree-free),
- Unique, high-quality alternatives to traditional products,
- Multi-purpose in the office and at home, and
- Exceptionally green enough to help businesses be certified by the Vancouver Island Green Business Program.
With prices comparable to traditional products (or better!), going green just became easier that much easier. Stay tuned for more tips and ideas to green your office all month long!
April 1 – May 15, 2016
Wheat Copy Paper
NOW $5.69 (was $6.59)
Looks, performs, and feels like regular paper, but made with the residue waste of wheat straw! When you use this paper, you can save one tree for every 2 boxes of wheat paper used.
Recycled Post-It Notes
NOW $29.99 (was $39.47)
100% recycled Post-It® notes in 100% recyclable packaging. What more could you ask for? This Post-It note tower contains 16 pads all made from Blue Angel certified (German certification for eco-friendly products) paper fibres that contain post-consumer recycled material!
Pilot Bottle 2 Pen
NOW $2.09 (was $3.05)
The B2P is the world’s first pen made from recyclable bottles! These retractable gel rollerball pens are not only made from 89% recycled plastic bottles, they are designed to look like them too and show that everyday products can have a second life.
Blueline NotePro Notebook
NOW $7.99 (was $8.19)
A professional, green option for all your note-taking needs.content, the NotePro’s hardcover and twin-wire binding make this a professional, green option for work, home, or school.
Recycled Hilroy Writing Pads
NOW $6.99 (was $10.66)
Perfect for those looking for a simple, eco-friendly writing pad. These pads are made with 100% recycled content.
These offers are valid from April 1 to May 15, 2016.